Outdoor lighting is a powerful, practical way of adding a warm, enchanting welcome to your outdoor space.
Installing landscape lighting helps to create the perfect outdoor setting for evening entertainment or simply sitting in your own garden enjoying a glass of wine.
Follow our beginners guide to outdoor lighting for some tips on choosing the right lights for you, and what you can do to get started..
What are the benefits of installing landscape lighting?
First let’s start by looking at some of the benefits of outdoor lighting:
- Increase your home value
- A stunning way to showcase your outdoor space at night
- Make your yard safer at night
- Continue entertaining long into the evening
Choosing your landscape lighting
There are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to installing outdoor lighting, you should have no problem finding something that suits your individual needs.
- Path Lights – These are usually low-voltage lights used to create small pools of light along your path
- In-Ground Lights – Buried in the ground these lights create a beam which can be used to light up a tree, fence or wall.
- Entry lanterns – Placed beside doors usually using 120-v fixtures, opt for frosted glass to avoid glare.
- Floodlights – Light large outdoor spaces such as driveways, stone masonry & trees
- Recessed lights – These 120-v lights tend to be hidden but can light up a whole deck or garage. Installed in eaves above your setting recessed lights are ideal for lighting individual areas of your back yard.
- Hanging lights – Hung in trees, porches and pergolas they make a nice decorative addition to your landscape.
There’s a lot to choose from so you can really let your creativity flow and create your own ambiance.
Decide on the types of lighting that would suit your needs, take a walk around your back yard to visualize what lighting you want and where. Ideally walk around at night time so you can see which areas need more lighting than others.
Looking to save money?
Looking to save some money on your outdoor lighting costs? Why not opt for low-voltage lights instead? Speak to A+ about your options, we’ll be happy to discuss your ideas & individual needs…
Your experts in landscape lighting
Give your outdoor space the ultimate makeover, speak to A+ Electrical Contractors
to discuss your plans and we can help make them happen…
We are experts in landscape lighting installation and can help turn your ideas into reality.
Call Us: (203)228-9082